I guess this is going to end up being a weekly thing instead of a daily thing. That’s fine. Seriously. Nothing exciting happens day-to-day that is worth recording except that I wear a different t-shirt every day (yes, I’m still getting dressed… but I wear my yoga pants during the day).
The Sourdough turned out pretty good for the first time out. The finished product was a little floury, a little crumbly… I am not sure whether it’s because I used too much flour, or used all-purpose instead of bread flour. Regardless, it made AMAZING toast… garlic or regular… butter both sides, bake it at 400 for 10 minutes, flip it, do the other side… (sprinkle garlic salt on each side in the last 3-4 minutes of cooking). HEAVEN.
The starter is built back up enough to try it again this weekend (that’s one of the things on my list to do tomorrow), and I’m nearly out of the loaves I made last weekend, so I’m going to try it with those two modifications.
Ormsby managed to find some flour in Bradenton last week, too, and brought that up for me on Saturday. I wasn’t out, exactly, but I was running low and, at the time, couldn’t find anything except the little bags, and I thought finding those were an accomplishment. Just glad they didn’t put a limit on how much of that I can have. At least not yet.
Milo had some kind of urinary event last weekend that ended with my taking him to the veterinary urgent care. I didn’t even know there was such a thing… I knew there were hospitals, and those cost a goddamn fortune, but I had no idea there were literal urgent care clinics for animals. Anyway, I couldn’t go in with him so I had to wait outside and take care of it all over the phone. It was bizarre, but I was told he behaved. They don’t think he had a UTI and he didn’t have a blockage… they think stress, probably from all the change. The only thing I can think of that’s changed is that I’m here all the time. I guess I stress him out? Huh…
Still playing WoW. I read someone actually finished all of the achievements in the game the other day – basically beating the entire game. I was mildly jealous, but also glad that I have… something… of a life. I mean it’s not much, but I do play other games. And I write. Sometimes, when there’s not the Plague, I run around… go places… have fun… speaking of which I am still kind of pissed that the 90s party got canceled, but am at the same time glad I didn’t splurge on stuff for it, since now it probably isn’t going to happen.
Wonder if the Toy show that’s supposed to go on next month will still happen… if the shelter at home order is extended, probably not. I really don’t need anymore toys… I have some on preorder that I haven’t even technically paid for yet…
Oh well. Still healthy. Still isolated. Still haven’t run out of TV to binge watch or WoW achievements to get. I’m good.
- Sourdough starters – if I keep feeding it, I may never be without bread again. There are other things to do with the starter that I found, too, that might be delicious… pancakes.. muffins…popovers… it seems the list is neverending.
- My leg (the one that had the knee injury) is still slowly getting back to normal, but I’ve noticed that it’s starting to want to behave in ways it hasn’t before. I’ve been using this time to really stretch it (since I can’t go to the gym) and build the elasticity back in it. Getting there.
- The Hilton Doubletree has released its Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, thanks to the Coronavirus. Disney released its Churro and Dole Whip recipe. I’m not saying that I want this to continue, but from a culinary perspective, this has been a very productive time.
Things I’m Happy About:
- My sister posted photos of my youngest niece playing with a frog. Like, literally letting this giant frog climb all over her head, ride around in her pocket, and even one where she was kissing it. I didn’t see them until close to midnight and I was almost asleep — then I laughed so hard that I couldn’t go back to sleep right away. Her kids are the best.
- Speaking of, my family is still healthy. All of them. Even my grandma, who is in the nursing home. That’s definitely something.
- Finished reading “The Rise of Skywalker” yesterday. Couldn’t put it down — I haven’t obsessively watched that movie (only a time or two when it was out), so reading the book was actually much better. I had forgotten some parts, and it wasn’t just a rehashing of what I’d already basically memorized. Now that it’s over, I’ve ventured into Clone Wars.